Boatsetter Help Center

Here you can find tips, frequently asked questions, and important Boatsetter documents.

What kind of license do I need to rent a boat?

  • Licensing laws vary by state and can be reviewed online. Renters are ultimately responsible for making sure they are always following the law.   
  • In Florida, anyone born on or after January 1, 1988, who operates a vessel powered by 10 horsepower or more must pass an approved boater safety course and have in his/her possession photographic identification and a boating safety education identification card issued by the FWC or temporary certificate issued by an authorized vendor.
  • If you hire a Captain, no experience is required! Even if  you have a license, a captain allows you to relax and enjoy your day out on the water!